Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Casings & doors

Things with the house are slowly moving along. Looks like our possession date will be around the 19-20 of December. I have the movers scheduled to arrive at 9am on Saturday the 20th. We were also able to change this possession date with the new owners & we now don't have to be out of our current home until the 22nd - a huge relief since moving to a motel for just one week (before Christmas) was going to be bordering chaotic! Yesterday, I did 'expressaddress' and was able to change a bunch of addresses as well as schedule the disconnects and reconnects for a few utility services - power, energy, sewer/water, health, drivers licences. There will be other things I need to take care of but this was a big start! I haven't really started too much packing but I have a friend moving tomorrow and she is giving me a bunch of boxes and my neighbours have also set a bunch aside for us! It all helps :)

As for our new pad... they have primed the walls and then are now in the process of doing the casings and hanging doors. If it were me, I would paint before putting on the trim cuz that sounds like a whole bunch of extra pointless 'cutting in' to me but whatever works I guess! Our cabinets are apparently arriving in town today and can be installed sometime this week too, so that's exciting! It's all coming together - slowly but surely. I'm really looking forward to getting settled, since I haven't really felt that way all year... we did some extra stuff to get the house ready to sell (fence, touch-ups etc), then we de-cluttered and got a storage unit, then everything needs to stay somewhat clean while we try to sell (about 3 1/2 months) and so I'm just really looking forward to HOME!!! There will still be lots that needs doing but it will be fun to chip away at it and see the progress!

We are also working on the basement right now & hoping to get it past the drywall dust phase before moving it! Miles & I will probably paint it ourselves, once we are moved in.

My digital camera was left on the plane, coming home from Mexico and hasn't surfaced, so sorry about not adding any pictures! I am in the process of applying for an insurance claim, so I'll hopefully get a few $$'s to put towards a new one. I am hugely blessed that all but one day's worth of pictures were downloaded on to the laptop, so I'm not stressing about my pictures - can you imagine!? I also took the 35 mm 'film' camera with us so I have four rolls in for developing now too!

1 comment:

Grammie said...

Well it sounds like you are busy..
glad to know things are progressing