Tuesday, August 18, 2009

cabinet craziness

Friday, August 14th was the big cabinet 'raising' day, so Thursday night Miles & I emptied all the uppers. The original plan was to raise everything but when I found out that the microwave didn't have to be raised, I decided to leave it be so that the corner cabinet could stay put, being that they need to be the same height...

BEFORE:

EMPTY:

AFTER:

The electricians will have to come back to fix the wiring, which is now too long but you can see when you look at the microwave that the undermount moldings are now higher up & SHOULD hopefully meet the gas inspection requirements... we also have wall touch ups to do as well since the walls were painted after the cabinets were installed - lotsa fun!


4 comments:

Ara said...

hey, i love your pulls and knobs! your kitchen looks nice!

Robyn Jones said...

The kitchen looks AWESOME! I told Kendal the next house we get had better be big..I am tired of tripping over myself...and everything else....It is way to small for us here... (Back yard is great though...)

As for the tires? I feel better now..and the fruit loops too! LOL
By the way...Midas on North Albert is awesome...they did see me right away, and not only did they fix the tire which was flat, they also checked the others without asking...(although I wasn't real excited when they found more nails in the other two tires...) that's what i get for driving through the industrial area...but it was better then getting a flat with two babies on the way to bc...oh...and no mousetraps. (although Gracie got pretty dirty on the floor...there was no way I was holding her the whole hour and a half...

Sarah said...

Your kitchen looks great! I don't really notice a difference from the before and after pics, but it all looks awesome!!

Louise said...

Sarah - no big difference other than the cabinets are now 2" higher, which you can see from the before/after levels @ the microwave! A way better option than cutting the moldings back, which would have looked DUMB! Just need to get the electricians back now to fix the wiring underneath & of course paint touch ups!