Friday, May 9, 2008

Kitchen cabinets... maybe?!?

Last summer, while camping, I bought a Kitchen & Bath magazine
and found my dream kitchen. Miles agreed, loved it too and it was 'happily ever after'... well, until we actually need to finally make a decision that is! All of our accent wood is going to be a dark stain (the entertainment bookshelves around the fireplace, the bannister etc) so I made the mistake last week of saying, "do you think we should do dark cabinets? what's the rule of thumb on this?" NOW, he loves the dark cabinet idea and I'm once again leaning back to my original plan but I'm thinking of ways to compromise or maybe tie the two woods together. My friend just built a house, 20 mins out of town, and while we were talking at the Mother's Day Tea, I asked her about her kitchen/house because I knew she had gone with white cabinets with a glaze on them. She told me how they had tied everything together with the crown moulding. It actually looks quite nice and there are a couple other things I can do as well. Hopefully Miles likes it when he sees it cuz I've decided to stay with the lighter cabinets! Less dusty! Our 'dark' colour will be darker than this though, our appliances are stainless steel & I think that the hardware will be brushed chrome/nickel... the wall colour is similar to what we have now though and like! We will have 9' ceilings, not vaulted...

2 comments:

Grammie said...

Yes I like these cabinets
How exciting to see progress
You really had a nice day today.

Louise said...

We have gone with a washed white cabinet but the pantry door & the back of the raised eating bar will be espresso - should work well with everything! Looking forward to seeing it all come together with the hardwood floors too :)